Saturday, January 12, 2008

Why is New England So Good?

I don't know. But I would love for the Denver Broncos to get a little bit of that mojo some day. Thought they were close two years ago when the beat the Patriots, but then they choked to the Steelers. Not good. Oh well, there is always baseball, I guess.

Why am I talking about the Denver Broncos, right now? Especially since they have been eliminated from playoff contention for, oh about a month now. Could it be that it's because I am watching New England dominate the Jaguars in the second half. After a 14-14 tie at halftime.

What would be cool, in my opinion, would be for the Patriots to meet the Packers in the Super Bowl, and then lose. Why? Because it would be hilarious to watch them finish the season at 18-1, instead of 19-0. Bill Simmons' head will be exploding soon enough, along with all of the Boston area. First the Red Sox, now the Patriots, soon it will be the Celtics (can you believe that crap?!). Next thing you are going to tell me is that the Bruins are going win the Stanley Cup.

What is there to like about Massachusetts anyway?

Okay, rant over.

Did I mention that on Friday I had an employee quit? Cool, right? Cocky little punk. Actually came thisclose to kicking him out of the building, but chose not to. I figured that I was probably like that when I was 22 and had the world still waiting on me. I think I realized that I am just jealous that he was able to find another job, AND get paid more than I am.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Not because of that, but because three years ago, I was in that position - making tons of easy money, only to get laid off. Talk about a kick in the gut.

I really am happy for him. Really.

JC is pissed off, and I'll have to remember to post the resignation letter later. It's a doozie of a rant. Doesn't say much other than he feels like his vast experience of three years entitles him to a salary above and beyond what we were paying him, blah, blah, blah. Also how he felt it was illegal to do something with the payroll. Had to call him on that, and tell him to look for better representation from a lawyer that might have actually received a JD.

Funny thing is, he knew I was right and that I called him on his nonsensical BS. ~Yea for the good guys.

I need to come up with a sell-able project, write it, then sell it. Piece of cake, right? Now who's dreaming.

Speaking of dreaming, I must be doing just that, because I have no idea where I've been on this post and I have no idea where I am going...

Scratch that. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!