Friday, January 11, 2008

Uh Oh!

You ever have one of those days where you feel like you got absolutely nothing accomplished? Then, you look back on your day and realise that you really didn't get anything accomplished?

Well, that would be my day today, at PITA inc.

"System's down!"

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Blah, blah-blah, blah."

I hate starting my mornings like that. No "Good Morning!" only problems. On a Friday no less, unbelievable. Boss is away, so I get to put on my junior sized boss boots. I wonder if this was meant as a test?

If so, then I failed. Oh well, I guess I better tell the rest of the story...

Our computer system that keeps track of all our work was down this morning - no big deal, I mean we have a group of dedicated individuals working the problem:

"All,

We are experiencing some connectivity issues to (Computer System) and email at our offsite offices. We are working diligently to resolve the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

~IT"

See what I mean? They were working diligently. What me worry? Not a chance, especially not on a Friday! What followed for the rest of the day was; no one could access the system, some of us could access it, I found a loophole and got everyone in the office up (how this happened is really beyond me, got lucky I guess), running smooth for one hour and twenty-seven minutes. Then people were getting knocked off the system one by one.

Shared some jokes with the IT VP and hopefully it will be fixed before I come in tomorrow. Yep, I seem to ALWAYS work on Saturdays. What is worse about that is the fact that I have a class from nine to three, so I won't get in here until around four. Time for a Blog-tacular day!!

Whatever.

Next problem I was dealing with our temp, who is heading back to South Carolina this weekend, didn't get her paycheck. Not cool. Not.One. Bit.

So, I call payroll... no answer. She's dating the CEO (Lesson here kiddo's: Don't date the CEO of a small company {less than 500 employees}, unless you want everyone to know about it.) and has "special hours." Okay, I'll call her assistant (another perk, no doubt), she is usually there, no answer... This is not looking good. I'll call my tried and true former payroll lady... left a message (I know that she will call me back, at least.), and called the temps mom to keep her hopes up. :-)

Fifteen minutes later, I get a call about Amy's check:
1) She got one -- Good.
2) As a courtesy we send it to the lab.... --- I know, you've been through this spiel before.
3) She did get a check --- You already said that!
4)I'm having a really bad day! -- Sorry.
5)Let me check something else, I'll call you back. --- Thanks.

Truth be told, she did have a rough day, because no one's check seemed to say what they (the company) said it was going to say (i.e. no more vacation, it's all changing to PTO). Of course, we have some folks that freaked when there was both a Vacation balance and a PTO balance. Whatever. When I get my paystub, I only look at the money. I don't really care what my vacation/PTO balance is... "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

HR calls me back and says the check was signed for by BP, an employee, so they wiped their hands of it, right then and there. Now, I have to find BP and this check. I am happy to say that there is a happy ending to all of this. The check was found. Best news for Amy is that she has another one coming in two weeks. It'll do her good, maybe pay off her bar tab...

Wow! I need to go, so I shall try to finish this later. After my case of Corona! Screw that, I may just jump into the stash of tequila, as long as my beloved hasn't hidden it from me - again!

Bye-bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!