Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Have a New Project!

Now let's see if I can follow through with it.

I have an interest in a Saint of the Catholic Church - piqued by a one-man show that I saw. The show itself was about Jesus, but he previewed a play about this Saint. Caught my interest, so now what?

Well, I have started to read a few things about him, and now I want to read more. Could this, daresay, turn into a writing project? Maybe it will outsell Harry Potter. Okay, I like fantasy, but I know that would be unlikely, I'd appreciate the support and the cash, but let's be real here. Harry Potter is seven books, this would only be one.

(Ed. Did you just say you are going to write a book?)


Uh, did I say that?


(I believe that you did. Your wife and kids will be so happy to see you finally sit down and do some productive writing.)


What do you call this?


Do you really want me to answer that?


Maybe, not. Anyway, now I would like to get input on this, so if I open another blog just for this work, will people come? It seems to work for others on the web, so why not for me? Oh well, it is just in the infant stage, so it may take a while to get set up. We'll see.








Do you know this man? I am speaking of the picture above. His name is Saint John Mary Vianney. ( 8 May 1786 - 4 Aug 1859)


Also known as: Cure of Ars; Jean Baptiste Marie Vianney; Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney; Jean-Baptiste Vianney; John Baptist Vianney.


Here is a quote, or two from his writings...


If people would do for God what they do for the world, what a great number of Christians would go to Heaven. ~Saint John Vianney


Prayer is the inner bath of love into which the soul plunges itself. ~Saint John Vianney


And just think, he almost didn't get to become a priest. First being conscripted into service for Napoleon, and then he couldn't pass the final exams while in the seminary, and he had to have special permission from the vicar-general.


He was loved by his parish, where he was at for forty years. The same location that boasts over 100,000 visitors annually today, and 20,000 while he was still alive...


Anyway, I was actually thinking of doing an historical fiction piece, that remained true to him. I think I can pull it off, but only time will tell. Who knows, maybe I can get into writing about saints for a living - no, not the one's in New Orleans!

Anyway, that's my thought, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!