Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Father Dan Dropped By

Actually when my beloved told me this, the first thing I said was "why?" Not, "that's nice" or even a "Cool." Nope I said "why?"

Maybe that explains my "why" post earlier. Doubt it. As people that know me will admit, I do this all the time. It's sort of a knocking the cobwebs out thing for me. I've even gotten a story idea, or two, from these exercises. For that matter, I even wrote them down.

I really don't know why I asked why, but I am sure I have some sort of guilt about something going on down deep in my concious, or is that, subconcious mind. Doesn't matter. We all had a wonderful dinner and #6 even played with the good Father.

It is always fun when the eight of us, nine if you count Father, get together for dinner. Unfortunately because I am a 'greedy bastard' and I am at work all the time, it doesn't happen enough.

You know what? I got some pretty good kids. Smart too. I'd give you an example, but I just want to leave those thoughts hanging for a while.

Magpie is going to Disney World on May 11! Yes, the dates are set for the Disney trip that all of the kids look forward to. The one where it is just them and Nana and Poppa. See, my in-laws decided long ago, at least eleven years ago, to take each of their grandchildren to Disney World the summer after they turn five. Magpie turned five in November, so it's her turn.

I keep trying to turn five every year, hasn't worked yet.

Jenni and I have discussed doing the same thing when and if our kids have kids. Nothing better than spoiling the grandbabies, if you ask me. Of course, I probably spoil the kids as it is already, but what the heck. I'm just a spoiler I guess.

Did you know that Bruce Willis is actually dead throughout all of the movie The Sixth Sense?

See, spoiler.

Okay, before anyone gets too mad at me for that. The movie is well past the statute of limitations on spoilers. Now, if I were to tell you that Indiana Jones dies at the end of his next movie... well, that would be pure evil. (BTW, I don't know anything that happens in the new IJ movie, unless it turns out to be true).

Where was I?

Oh yeah, Disney World, for Magpie! I am so jealous. At least we're goig again in December, so it won't be so bad.

Okay, gotta get to bed early tonight, so I have no idea what Britney did today. And I don't want to know. I have adoration at 3AM, that's in four hours and forty-three minutes from right now. Uh, make it forty-two. Then it's off to work.

Pleasant Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!