Monday, January 14, 2008

Continuation of Friday

Well, I thought about it and decided to go ahead and show you all the "resignation" letter from our soon-to-be former employee "JB." Go ahead and read it through, and I will see you on the back end...

I, J B, submit this letter of resignation to The Company. 18 January 2008 at 1630 will be the date and time that I will be terminating my employment with this company. There are many reasons for this termination of employment (resignation, for those politically correct), which may spark the interest of the Company HR department.

1. The cost of insurance is too expensive; the company that I will begin employment with offers better insurance benefits through the same insurance companies that The Company utilizes at half the cost.

2. The pay for my services is not where I want it to be. I have asked for a raise several times, which ultimately ended in an unfavorable outcome. When I asked to have my pay increased to 45,000/year the first response I received was that it would come to me in two increments, which would result in the desired wage upon my one-year anniversary. Several weeks went by and I still did not get any sort of confirmation on whether or not I would receive the desired wage. Upon the conference I had with the hiring manager the incremental raise was then turned into a one time raise at my one-year anniversary and there was no guarantee that I would receive the desired wage upon that day. Furthermore, the company that I have been offered a job with has offered me a job with a starting wage of 24.29/hour (50,523.20/year).

3. Although the overtime situation in conjunction with holidays is within legal guidelines, it is unfair and even unethical, as far as I am concerned to make an employee work an additional eight hours to accumulate 40 hours to make up for the lost time during the holiday period before actually accruing overtime pay. This will ultimately reduce production as no one wants to get paid regular wages for Saturday, Sunday, or even regular weekly overtime.

4. The overtime addendum, which limits the amount of overtime a company branch is allowed to work, also encourages an employee to leave the company. It is very difficult to live in or near the city of Chicago on base wage alone. Furthermore, my drive to calibrate a heavy load of equipment and learn new equipment was due solely to the overtime that I new I would be working.

With these gripes and complaints mentioned maybe there would be hope for current and future employees. As there is no hope for me I finish this resignation with a signature and date.

J B 11 January 2008

So, what do you think? The only changes I made were to the name of where I work, but only the italicized parts. Every other 'company' was his. I also figured I'd save him, and me, by leaving his name out.

Of course, he is also the guy/kid that I told should get better law representation. Because whoever he is using currently doesn't know what they are talking about. Oh well, he didn't really want to be here anyway, so more power to him, right.

Now JC is PO' about the fact that his letter is misrepresenting a few things, and feels that he was thrown under the bus. I guess I can see that as well, but personally I would just get over it. Or post it on your blog! :-)

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!