Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Winner Is...

Brooke Burke.

Yes, she is the winner of the latest installment of Dancing With the Stars, or whatever that show is called. Now protocol would suggest that it is all right to post a picture of Ms. Burke, however, this being a family type blog (with a few exceptions), there will be no picture. Sorry fella's, or maybe ladies looking for some style pointers from the attractive former hostess of "Wild On!" At least I think that was what that travel show was called on E!

It almost reads like I kind of have some pop culture in me... don't you believe it. I know nothing!

My older boys were just having some fun with me on Facebook. They are both grounded now. Please don't feel sorry for them, but hey, if you want to see the drama yourself, you can always invite me to be your friend. That didn't sound too pathetic now, did it? That would be Roger Miller in the Chicago network. :)

Turkey day is coming, let the fasting begin.

I just read something about women in France (are you reading Catherine?), and something to do with Saint Catherine and being twenty-five on her feast day. They are called Catherinette's, I think. I found it to be pretty interesting, but apparently not enough to remember the whole thing. :)

Also, who can tell me the great Crusader battle that was won today, a long time ago?

I'll be looking for your friend requests... Okay I'll stop now.

3 comments:

  1. Roger, not only I ignore absolutely every thing about this show, but I don't watch these copies that French television "offers" us. No thanks. Excuse me to tell you, but some of these shows are .... I'm wordless in fact. They just exist to prevent people from thinking.

    Concerning "Catherinette" in France, it was a tradition of the past, middle age. But I've crossed one yesterday in the street with her friends, chuckling.
    One recognize them because these woman wear a hat they 've made by themselves. Very weird.
    But nowaday, what does it mean? I mean not being married at 25 y.old? Are they really praying Ste Cathrerine to find a husband , today? In France, nowaday, I think that most of the 25 years old girls and boys are not yet married. They're still students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answer to your comment in return.

    Roger, I remember that you were one of the two first American to comment on my blog (with Kalynne). I never forgot this. Without you both I wouldn't have continued.
    Then, I appreciated your straight personality and your sense of humor underlying.
    You write: I love my country, I can assure you that you gave me lesson about this notion, as well as about religion.
    I was amazed that working so much, you managed to pass so much time with your gorgeous family and how much you're bound all together.
    And just to eliminate a misunderstanding, as Louis la vache San Francisco Bay Daily Photo said to me : it's not you, French people who doesn't like us, it was one of your government who didn't appreciate us. You can believe him, he knows perfectly France and writes fluently.

    In fact, we're different but with so many common points on day to day life and conception of life

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Turkey day is coming, let the fasting begin."

    I think there's a typo in this... I'm quite sure you meant to say "let the FEASTING begin." ;b

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!