Sunday, November 9, 2008

Smorgasbord!

Sounds pretty exciting doesn't it?

Now, what exactly does that mean, let's look at Dictionary.com...

SMORGASBORD

 /ˈsmɔrgəsˌbɔrd, -ˌboʊrd or, often, ˈʃmɔr-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [smawr-guhs-bawrd, -bohrd or, often, shmawr-] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

1.) a buffet meal of various hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, salads, casserole dishes, meats, cheeses, etc.

Okay, what the heck does that have to do with a silly little Dad-Blog? Not much really, unless you have one of them scratch-n-sniff computers and can just smell the goodness coming out.

Ah, but that was only definition number one, let's see if there is a number two, shall we?


2.) an extensive array or variety: The company has a smorgasbord of employee benefits.

That's closer.

I think.

Closer to what you ask?

Well, I'm glad that you did ask, because I think I have an answer.

My Sunday posts, that's what.

Does this have a point?

Yes, it does. I think. The point is that I am going to try and have a standard post on Sundays called a Sunday Smorgasbord. It will have a little of everything that goes through my brain, sort of like a Potluck, without a fruit bowl. I don't have a fruit bowl, because the fruit is never around long enough to have a fruit bowl, I have more of a fruit counter.

There will be pictures, items in the news that catch my eye - usually funny and or weird, be forewarned. I can also put in some updates on the never ending project, because I like to torture myself, and fear not my friends, there will ALWAYS be a never ending project. What can I say, my lovely bride likes to keep me busy.

Now that I have set it all up, I'm going to make you wait until next week for the official unveiling, because I'm a tease.

So come back next week and be amazed at the Smorgasbord!

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!