Monday, November 3, 2008

A Prayer For You Barbers Out There


St Martin de Porres, the patron saint to barbers, is having a feast day today. So here is a little prayer on the feast day of St Martin de Porres, enjoy:


Most glorious Martin de Porres,

whose burning charity embraced not only thy needy brethren,

but also the very animals of the field,

splendid example of charity,

we hail thee and invoke thee!

From, that high throne which thou dost occupy,

deign to listen to the supplications of thy needy brethren that,

by imitating thy virtues,

we may live contented in that state in which God has placed us

and carrying with strength and courage our cross,

we may follow in the footsteps of Our Blessed Redeemer

and His most afflicted Mother,

that at last we may reach the Kingdom of Heaven

through the merits of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.



Don't forget to check out the links above for more information on this saint.

God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. Really? Patron saint of Barbers? How cool is that! There really is one for practically every walk of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a Dominican & our parish in Houston is - so he's huge there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the butcher jobs I've seen barbers perpetrate on the heads of people I love make me believe that they do truly need the protection of their own Saint! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting my regular cut this week-end. I will take this in there for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait... he gave animals free haircuts too? Holy cow, he WAS a saint! ;b

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!