Monday, November 10, 2008

Have I Mentioned How Much I Hate...

Drywall!



Okay, not really the drywall, but the taping-and-mudding-to-make-it-all-look-pretty part of drywalling a room, or in this case three.




What a pain in the arse!




Okay, hate is over, now for new stuff.




Anyone ever read "the book of Matthew (a macabre novel of suspense)" by Thomas White? I was at the library tonight, picking up some books for the kids and was perusing the "new" aisle and this caught my eye. If you get it we can start a reading group or something.




I also picked up the first disc of Doctor Who, season three. Apparently I have a friend in the library system that put it on hold for me, too bad I was only one disc into season two (also put on hold by my invisible friend). So, do I watch season three, disc one now and then go back to season two, discs two through five?




I'm so confused.




Besides, I have a project that NEEDS to be finished SOON, because family is coming to visit on November 21. That gives me eleven days, and I don't think I can blame the plumber on this one, although he does owe me a new toilet (coming Wednesday or Thursday, he promises (again!)). So maybe I should just forget all about Doctor Who, for now.

Where I've been...

I'm not where I'm going yet, so you'll have to wait. :)


Okay that's it for now.


Good night and God Bless!








3 comments:

  1. Drywall... ugh! That basement looks like one heck of a mess. I don't envy you for that job. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely, mud & tape is one of the things I excel at...probably because of the "xx" thing. Sounds like more of a "chick thing" to be into details like making the transition from one to the other "smooth". I'm just glad I don't do it often - in this house, never! (We have old plaster walls.)

    Can't wait to see the 'after' pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby took the day off today and helped wake up the kids for school. He noticed the only upstairs room we have not gutted and put up drywall in yet is very cold, compared to the rest of the upsatirs. No, he may not start another project. The last time he tore apart a room, it took 5 years plus my dad spending several weeks here to reassemble it. All we need to do to make it warmer is to pop off the interior window trim, remove the old weights from the windows and insulate the space. The windows were replaced a few years ago. Oh, and the heat has not worked in that room since the boiler was replaced 11 years ago. The rediators keep getting vapor locked, even with a new self bleeding valve? Time for the plumber to add the pump in the supply line to force water through that rediator?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!