Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Here's a prayer for your Thanksgiving Day. A little something different.

Though our mouths were full of song as the sea,
and our tongues of exultation as the multitude of its waves,
and our lips of praise as the wide-extended firmament;
though our eyes shone with light like the sun and the moon,
and our hands were spread forth like the eagles of heaven,
and our feet were swift as hinds,
we should still be unable to thank thee and bless thy name,
O Lord our God and God of our fathers,
for one thousandth or one ten thousandth part of the bounties which thou has bestowed upon our fathers and upon us.

- from the Hebrew Prayer Book


And a little something more common, I think.

We Give Thanks
Our Father in Heaven,
We give thanks for the pleasure
Of gathering together for this occasion.
We give thanks for this food Prepared by loving hands.
We give thanks for life,
The freedom to enjoy it all
And all other blessings.
As we partake of this food,
We pray for health and strength
To carry on and try to live as You would have us.
This we ask in the name of Christ,
Our Heavenly Father.
- Harry Jewell



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Pax


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful blog, it is so welcoming! I'd like to share with you in return my shopping plan, and how I go about black friday to maximize the savings! I love black friday. I did some research, and have all of my shopping preplanned to maximize savings! You would be surprised what kind of deals are out there, if you search for them.

    Black Friday Sales of a Lifetime 2008

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roger... Hope you and your family have a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good one Roger. The fired up Advent wreath is really a nice touch, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!