Monday, November 17, 2008

For Times Like These?

This prayer, if you will, comes to us from a book in the Old Testament - any guesses?

It has been popping it's head out a bit as of late, be it because of the election or something else the words from this passage just seem to resonate with people as of late. Oh sure, the atheist out there probably could care less, same for the Hindu and Buddhists. However for Jews and Christians... it's another story.


The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom do I fear?
The LORD is my life's refuge;
of whom am I afraid?
When evildoers come at me to devour my flesh,
These my enemies and foes themselves stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me,
my heart does not fear;
Though war be waged against me,
even then do I trust.
One thing I ask of the LORD;
this I seek:
To dwell in the LORD'S house all the days of my life,
To gaze on the LORD'S beauty, to visit his temple.
For God will hide me in his shelter in time of trouble,
Will conceal me in the cover of his tent;
and set me high upon a rock.
Even now my head is held high above my enemies on every side!
I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing and chant praise to the LORD.
Hear my voice,
LORD,
when I call;
have mercy on me and answer me.


Don't fret if you don't know it, I'm not that much of a task master. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!