Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Blog Has Been Analyzed, And I Don't Know Who It Is

I found this really cool website today, called Typealyzer. It is a website that runs your blog up against the Myers-Briggs personality test. I dig these kinds of things, so I thought why not get this blog analyzed, or rather "typealyzed."

It's a really easy site, all you do is type in your blogs URL and within a few moments, your blog has been "typealyzed."

You just know the spellchecker is going to have a field day now, don't you?

A little about myself... I be one shy cat, that plays a not-so-shy cat on the Internet. Amazing what the freedom of anonymity will do for a person. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy visiting everyone and on one hand want to be visited by millions of others, but maybe not. For instance, I may just blab along in a comment field (no, really?!), yet if I were to meet you in person, I would turn into that two-year old that is holding their parents pant leg.

Anyway, I have taken the Myers-Briggs test on a few occasions and I have rarely, if ever, been diagnosed with an E for extrovert. This actually surprises lots of people, because no one believes that I am, in fact, an introvert.

My final results are almost always INTP, occasionally I'll get an F in place of the T - for feeling rather than thinking, I think.

**** COMPLETELY DIFFERENT INTERJECTION*******

I am currently listening to Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, and as per usual, I'm getting a bit choked up. This is normal right? At least for Dads with daughters, right?

****BACK TO THE TYPEALYZING**************

Well, when I put in my URL, to say I was surprised would be an understatement. It came back as a ESFP.

What is this and what have you done with Roger's blog. Complete opposite, with the exception of the P.

I tried it again --- same result.

I put in Holly's URL, just to get a comparison, figuring it would show me something (not sure what exactly), and guess what? Same personality type. No freaking way! I mean she is most definitely more outgoing than I, just check her out if you don't believe me. I tried Kalynne's, same result. Okay, maybe there is a glitch in the system, because I don't feel like I am anywhere close in personality to these women.

So I tried Michelle Malkin - basically a news blog with a very conservative bent. Finally something different.

Here is what else the site says about my blog...

ESFP - THE PERFORMERS

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions. (not good, as I am in a management position.)

I think my colors may be a changin' I apologize if this starts getting screwy looking - blame Blogger!

So, apparently when I am out and about in the world I am a thinker, yet when I am here at the computer; I am a performer.

How totally exciting!

No, really, I'm being serious. Now all I have to do is channel my inner ESFP, and put my outer INTP on the shelf.... might be difficult after forty-one years.

Okay, so all of you need to go out a try this thing and report back. Can you do it? Will you? If I had permission to do giveaways I'd give something away. :)

Bye-bye, gotta go pick up the kids from choir.


6 comments:

  1. I got the same thing as you. I also decided to try my close friends url's too and got the same result.

    It makes sense, I suppose, since we all choose blogging as our outlet. In writing we all appear to be a little different than we are in real life..... Or not, I'm pretty sure in my blog and in real life I'm pretty much a loud, obnoxious, and I hope, funny person in real life too. Although in real life I'm also a people pleaser who puts herself out to make others happy too often. In my blog I don't care so much about that.

    I'm so not supposed to be blogging right now! Shhhh you didn't see me here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm an "ESFP - The Performers" too. Wonder what it queries on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now I'm scared to do it! I guess I will though... I'll let you know how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know Roger! It said the exact same thing about me and it came up instantaneously! I don't think it's doing much of anything at all. Maybe it is, tho...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least, you "have connection with small children", perfectly you , no?
    You = "flexible"? I'm not so sure.

    I'm also ESFP. Given it's full of qualities, I accept the analyze ; )
    If I met my blogger friends, I wouldn't be intimidated as I've chosen these favorite blogs because I share, let"s say, similar way of life. Those I wouldn't meet for real, I didn't read them, and have left them on the 'side of the road'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the same thing. I'm with Halfasstic - Don't think it's really doing anything because there's no way it could have analyzed over 100 posts in an instant. Good way for them to get some free advertising for their real business, though. LOL!

    I'm also with Catherine - We tend to enjoy reading blogs by people with similarities and disregard others because they make us unease or are simply boring. It would therefore possibly make sense that all of us here would be pretty much the same. I, for one, am honored to be in such great company!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!