Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday,...

Also known as the day I have to do some actual work.

Whew!

I actually cannot believe what I did today. I finished laying the floor in the basement (okay, truth be told, I have been working on that all week, but I'm done!), and I completely framed Jessica's new room. She is so excited! 

Wish I could say the same thing about the boys. :)

Tomorrow, we I will be picking up the drywall and finish that part. Who knows, maybe I'll be motivated enough to get it all taped and mudded (hey some miracles happen). Jessie wants us to move her bed down there, so she can start getting everything set up even though she might not be able to sleep in there tomorrow night. 

She said that she wants to sleep on just the mattress, because she can't remember sleeping that close to the ground. Her bed is about four feet off of the ground normally, made by her Poppa with tender loving care. You won't find another bed like it, I promise. It has a special shelf built in right next to her mattress, because she likes to have her stuff close to her. It's cute, but making that bed can be a chore, let me tell you. The bed sits on top of two bookcases, to store more of her stuff, with a toy box built in - between the two bookcases. On the back of one wall there is a blackboard painted, so Jessie can draw or keep notes, etc.

Jessie loves her bed, and thought at one time that she might need to get a new one. I think she was relieved when we told her that we should be able to move her bed into her room. Jessica is more excited about having her bed moved, than those of us that have to move it. My Father in-law likes to build things that will last, and last, so it is rather heavy. 

At least we don't have to buy her another bed.

Okay, I'm off to catch up on my reading!

TTFN!




1 comment:

  1. You are so industrious. That bed sounds really cool. Totally worth the effort to move it; especially when you know the smile it'll put on her face.

    OH! By the way, I LOVE the new layout! Very Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!