Thursday, February 5, 2009

Madness at Wal-Mart

That's what you get when you go to the store after ten post meridian (P.M. for you not-so-crazy people). Ye, we have a Super Wal-Mart, and you know what? It is turning into my favorite store.

Yes, this is me, and yes I think I really mean what I just said. Just look at my receipts.

The beauty of a Super Wal-Mart is that it is a) Super; b) Open 24 hours and c) five minutes from my house! See what I mean?

Anyway, Benjy wanted to go to the store to shop. By shopping he means wander around the store checking things out - he gets that from his mother. I'm more of a get in, buy, and get out kind of shopper. I generally know what I'm going in for, and since I've been there enough times, I find it and leave.

Oh don't be silly, I pay for it also.

Tonight, I made sure that I took my time, because Benjy was mad that the last time we went, he didn't get to shop. (Okay dude, that was Super Bowl Sunday ten minutes before the game started). Anyway, I had a list of stuff Jenni needed for the homeschooling group, so Benjy and II grabbed that stuff first, it would have been quicker if they hadn't moved the juice from where it was, or where I thought it was. Okay, so I didn't know where it was, but it wasn't in the logical place. You know, in the same aisle as the beer and liquor.

After we get all the stuff we actually came for, we shopped. It was actually quite fruitful shopping at that. We found Mario Kart (finally!), and we got the kids an exercise bar (their gymnastics coach recommended getting one), and noticed Wal-Mart's pathetic soccer section. Maybe we were still too early for that to be in full swing.

One thing that we also noticed was George - the greeter. He's this very friendly, and loud, greeter that Benjy wants to get a picture with. Imagine Grizzly Adams with a ponytail. Benjy wants the picture for his Facebook profile picture. Weird, but totally Benjy.

Jin is ALIVE.

Just thought I would throw that spoiler in there, when you weren't expecting it. Of course, you knew that already, right?

Wal-Mart was good to us tonight, and we actually only bought three things that we didn't go there for.

Now that's success!


3 comments:

  1. The dream ! A supermarket opened 24/24h. Here, it's already a problem to open on Sunday during the day. Stores like Virgin or Ikea pay fortunes (fines) because they break laws . Imagine the social conflict with trade unions tor an opening 24/24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walmart is the big competition for brand of grocery store my husband works for. We "hate and despise" Walmart.
    ...yeah, WHATEVER! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like Walmart more if they didn't drive every small company they buy from out of business. I watched a documentary on them and it was amazing the power they have over retail suppliers. They require them to sell so cheaply that companies literally go under trying to meet their demands. I just think they're abusing their buying power.

    Hey... fun comment eh?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!