Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tryng To Get My Mojo

What is Mojo anyway? Let's see...

According to Wikipedia:

Mojo (pronounced /ˈmoʊdʒoʊ/) is a term commonly encountered in the African-American folk belief called hoodoo. A mojo is a type of magic charm, often of red flannel cloth and tied with a drawstring, containing botanical, zoological, and/or mineral curios, petition papers, and the like. It is typically worn under clothing.

From Answers.com:

1. A magic charm or spell.
2. An amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic items, worn by adherents of hoodoo or voodoo.
3. Personal magnetism; charm.


Finally, Meriam-Websters:

Main Entry: mo·jo
Pronunciation: \ˈmō-(ˌ)jō\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural mojoes or mojos
Etymology: probably of African origin; akin to Fulani moco'o medicine man
Date: 1926 : a magic spell, hex, or charm ; broadly : magical power


So I ask you, is this something I really want back?


3 comments:

  1. I have found one. Mojo is a blogger visitor of mine. He's real, not a spell ! I must not trust him, maybe ? ; )
    Maybe its charm is his sense of humor ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just sounds like something that would smell bad... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!