Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Reason To Move?

Granted I don't actually live there but, this can't bode well...

Lousy weather, long commutes, rising unemployment and high sales tax. Welcome home.

Chicago would seem to be on quite a roll these days. The city is a leading contender to host the Summer Olympics in 2016. The hometown Cubs had the most wins of any team in the National League last year and are one of the early favorites to win the 2009 World Series. And, of course, one of its own just became the most powerful person in the world (we're not talking about Oprah either, but she's close).

So with all of the good vibes coming out of Chicago, how does it show up as the third worst city on our second annual list of America's Most Miserable Cities?

Lousy weather, long commutes, rising unemployment and the highest sales tax rate in the country are to blame for the Windy City being near the top of our list. High rates of corruption by public officials didn't help either...

You can read the rest at the link

****

On a completely different front, I'm looking into making some changes here, relatively soon, so keep on the lookout. I will keep you informed, cause I'm nice that way, and don't want to lose you. :)

****

Anyone watch the President tonight? I didn't, but am curious if he's still being delusional about this whole "stimulus" thing that he's pushing? Well, maybe not that curious.

****

Currently jamming to some The Veronicas, just your typical fast-paced dance song, Untouched, but I kind of like it. I have an eclectic musical taste, what can I say.

****

My buddy Dan and his Japanese wife bought Benjy some treats from the Japanese store near Schaumburg. I might need some directions, since everyone seems to be enjoying the treats.

****

Have a great evening and God Bless,


2 comments:

  1. Oh! Oh! Oh! What kinds of changes are we talking about? Cause I'm supposed to be getting a new look sometime in the near future, (monthish),when Cam gets the time to get it all done and finished.
    Tell me your plans! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Cyn was getting mad about that report. I think the corruption & the weather alone would keep me out of the Windy City - which, btw is LESS windy than Dallas, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!