Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What Exactly IS a Mylhibug?


In honor of my 200th post, I figured why not tell you all a little about why I came up with the name, Mylhibug. Oh, and the correct pronunciation, as well.

Let's start with the correct pronunciation, shall we...

It is pronounced like this Mile-High Bug. Pretty easy, right? It is not "My LHI Bug," it is not "milly bug," it isn't even "myls hi bug," I mean there isn't even an 's' in it.


Nope it is very simply Mile-High Bug.

Why? Why not? I mean it is my name after all. :)

Well, I grew up in Denver, Colorado - the "Mile-High City" and I tend to "Bug" people, in my opinion and in others I am sure also.

Pretty simple and straight forward post there, with no flash and/or pizazz. So now what? Should I just go to bed? I actually read a story/poem in my 'Group Dynamics' class today that I wanted to share, but I left it in the car, and (this is where I fill up spaces with excuse after excuse...).


I will try to remember it here, and then post what it really says tomorrow morning (if I remember):


An older gentleman was walking along the beach one morning, getting ready for another beautiful sunrise. The sunrises made it easier to get up in the mornings, that and the fresh sea air, and all of the signs of life around him. As he was walking along, he noticed a young man ahead of him bending over and picking up star fish; then throwing the star fish back into the ocean.


The older gentleman finally caught up to the youngster and asked him why he was doing that, throwing star fish back into the ocean. The younger man replied, "because they would die in the morning sun, if they were exposed to it."


"Surely you cannot save every star fish, the beach goes on for miles. What difference does it make?"


The man picked up another star fish, looked at it, then told the older man, "It makes a difference to this one."


Now, we'll see how well I did tomorrow, I think I did okay though. Especially if you get the point of the story.


Good Night and God Bless!!




2 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you for enlightening us! I for one thought it was My LHI Bug (I might have gotten that from Manic), and I've been trying all this time to figure out what LHI could possibly stand for. (Little half-idiotic? Less heavily insured? Light, hot interior?) I suspected it was a description of a VW you once had. But then you posted the list of cars, and there was no VW on it...so I was baffled.

    When were you in Alabama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most recently the van was in Alabama with my family visiting the Shrine in Hanceville. One of our friends (technically a friend of Andy's)completed her first year and became Sister Anthony Marie of the (sorry I forgot the rest).

    We are actually contemplating a move to northern Alabama in the future, but only if God lets us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!