Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Is Risen!

25 WAYS TO SPEND AN HOUR WITH JESUS

  1. Slowly read scripture until something hits you. Then listen.
  2. Say a Rosary
  3. Let God look at you.
  4. Tell Him something that made you happy. Then listen.
  5. Tell Him what you are afraid of. Then listen.
  6. Tell Him what angers you. Then listen.
  7. Speak about your loved ones.
  8. Pray for an enemy.
  9. Talk with Him about work.
  10. Sing a song for Him in your heart.
  11. Promise to trust him.
  12. Imagine Mary sitting next to you and praying with you.
  13. Renew your loyalty to His Church.
  14. Lean on Him. Tell Him you love Him.
  15. Thank Him for the sacraments.
  16. Tell Him you failures. Ask for help. Then listen.
  17. Slowly recite the Beatitudes.
  18. Say one Our Father slowly.
  19. Say one Hail Mary slowly.
  20. Say the creed slowly.
  21. Pray for vocations.
  22. Ask Him to show you the next step.
  23. Look at yourself. Count your gifts. Then thank Him.
  24. Pray for the world.
  25. Enjoy just being in is presence.

A Happy and Blessed Easter to All!

3 comments:

  1. Christos anestos, alleluia!

    (If you aren't already familiar with this, the proper response is, "Alethos anestos, alleluia!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alethos anestos, alleluia!

    I did not know that. Thank you for teaching me something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks So much for your Holy Hour list! How lovely. My three children and I have a weekly Holy Hour on Tuesdays from 12 to 1pm. It is a blessing. I used to have a 1-2am hour...till I was 3 months along with my little guy...that just did me in. Needless to say, we are homeschoolers, too. We live in Eastern Pennsylvania...as close to NJ as you can get without being there....I grew up at the beach in NJ.My sister and her husband and seven children live in Aurora, Illinois, Holy Angels Parish. Her eldest graduated form Marmion Academy last year, and the next boy is a junior there. The rest (except the littlest guy) are still at Holy Angels...great parist, Latin Mass...
    Anyway enough of my Bio.
    Hope you have a Truely Blessed Easter! Pax, Elizabeth T.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!