Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pants, Penquins and Pods (Why Are They Related?)

Okay, here comes a new list, maybe two, that might turn into a rant... not sure just yet.

WHY CAN"T KIDS PULL THEIR PANTS UP?

1. They are doing an experiment in living like a penguin - Have you seen some of this kids, okay I should say boys/young men, with their pants hanging off of their hips? Well, it is comical to watch them walk. Don't believe me. Watch them in action some time.

2. My mom bought them six sizes too small. - "Honest I told my mom that I needed size 28 not 18." Whatever kid.

3. I like looking like I loaded my pants with, well, ... you know. - Doesn't it look like they have their pants full of poop? I mean really now, just pull them up!

4. Last one, I promise, and honest to God this is a real reason... I want people to see the cool underwear I have. - I kid you not, this is the reason a son of one of my friends gave her. I suggested that she quit buying him such "fun" underwear. You know, the boxers with smiley faces, or basketballs, or Jolly Rogers...

Kids, boys, young men... NO ONE wants to see your underwear, I promise you this. So just pull up the pants and wear them the way that they are meant to be worn. This goes for shorts as well. Which brings me to my whole reason for this list/rant. Some kid was wearing shorts that looked like they could be Capri pants, with an interesting pattern. As I got closer I realized that they were in fact, some basketball shorts - being worn off the hip, with black boxers (well I assume that they were boxers, since I didn't actually stop to look at the whole package - so to speak.)

Next up....

TOP TEN SONGS ON THE FAMILY ITUNES LIBRARY (FOR FEBRUARY)

10. Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi (51)
9. I Don't Want To Be In Love - Good Charlotte (52)
8. Our Song - Taylor Swift (55)
7. Baba O'Riley - The Who (58)
6. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne (59)
5. Brain Stew - Green Day (62)
4. Surrender - Cheap Trick (64)
3. Boston (Radio Version) - Augustana (65)
2. Hotel California - The Eagles (84)

and the number one for the month of February is...

1. Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers (118)

The number in the parenthesis represents the play count for, in this case, the month of February. These are usually the songs that are on three of our play lists, as you may have guessed. If FTB used hers more often, I would imagine that Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana would have been more prominently featured. :)

That's it for today/tonight, I'll be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the pants, I hate the hanging pants! That is one of my biggest pet peeves. We once went to a big breakfast chain (rhymes with ifop) & the busboy was wearing that devine fashon statement. Completing the look was his prominant pack of ciggys in the shirt pocket. Very appitising, I can tell you. EWWWWW!!!
    Every time I see somebody showing off his butt, er, boxers like that I get this overwhelming urge to pants him :)
    Unfortunately they are usually minors & I have a distinct aversion to jail so I've never acted on my urge.
    But it wouldn't it be funny??? (snicker, snicker)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!