Monday, February 15, 2010

Slip Sliding Away

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it. ~ Bernard Bailey

The Olympics are here, and boy are they exciting.

At least the skiing and snowboarding events have been.

Pairs figure skating has been, well in a word, meh.

As in, oh my goodness, I cannot believe how many falls there have been. Must be something with that Canadian ice, eh? I mean even the Canadians were falling all over themselves. Actually it has been one of the worst displays of ice skating that I have ever seen in an Olympic competition.

Okay, back to the more manly sports like speed skating and downhill, oh and that awesome to watch sport snowboard cross, or whatever they call it. Nothing like having the thrill of racing against three other snowboarders over a course that has many jumps, bumps and spins in it. Really, it is a lot of fun to watch.

Tomorrow though, the real fun begins, and I think you all know what it is I speak of, don't you? I mean there has been some intense training and team selections this year were some of the hardest in the sports history.

I'm talking about curling, also known as shuffleboard on ice.

Oh yeah, I think hockey starts tomorrow as well.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!