Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brownies Are Great, Just Not With A Corona

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. ~ Robert Heinlein

Okay, fair warning, there are no brownies in this post.

There may be a Corona, or two, though.

Talk today on Plurk was a wide range of topics, as it is always, so you should try it out. I'll even be your friend on there if you would like. I may have mentioned a time or two that I prefer the Plurk social networking site, compared to the Twitter site. It lends itself to containing conversations better and you don't need any additional apps for it, like I found I needed with Twitter.

Anyway, I started with a simple statement about dangling modifiers involving elliptical clauses (yes I did, and don't ask any questions, because I have no answers), which quite naturally evolved into a talk about genetics.

Makes sense, no?

The beauty of it is that it doesn't really have to, because it's just conversation, really.

Kind of like my blog here, except that the conversations are all in my head.

(not always!)

Ignore that voice in the parentheticals, please.

(why do they always have to ignore me? Are you ashamed of me?)

No.

(then why? I mean, I thought we were tight, yo!)

Yo? Were the heck did that come from?

(not sure. Did you like it?)

Not really. I mean what does it even mean, do you know?

(no, but all the cool kids say it.)

They do not.

(uh-huh!)

Mute!

(dude, you can't mute me! I will talk to the other side and have them mute you)

Yeah right. They don't liste...

(you were saying?)

...

(HA! Excuse Roger, he's gonna be out for a while. HA HA HA!)

!!!

(sounds mad , doesn't he?)

#! %! *!

(sorry kids, you shouldn't have to witness that kind of thing. maybe we should just call it a night, after all he does have several other projects that he is getting behind on.)

!!!!!!!!

(and he might need some time to cool off. farewell and good night gentle readers of the crazy man - had to add that last part,lest someone thinks I'm copying a really famous author. don't want any bad mojo, and all. you know, yo?)

...

(bye bye now)

.


1 comment:

  1. HA! Roger you are sooo funny! And I used to Plurk myself. I switched to Twitter for some reason, (can't think why now...) and I really never do either.
    Dangling Modifiers? Really? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!