Tuesday, February 9, 2010

900!


That's right, I watched 300 three times.

No wait, I bowled three perfect games.

I just finished reading my nine hundredth book, okay that seems a little low to be honest. Although I did just finish my second book in less than a week. More on this later.

Maybe I'm remembering my SAT score. Oh wait, that's right, I never took the SAT and I know that the ACT doesn't go that high, unless you have a factor of thirty, or something like that.

Okay, the suspense must end, or y'all might leave before the cake is served.

Yes, I am serving cake, virtually, to everyone that reads this post today. We are celebrating lucky 900!

Wow! 900 posts. Where has the time gone, oh and the words that I have written. Definitely going down in the annals of blogging history for sure. Don't believe me, go ahead and check them all out.

Kind of intimidating, isn't it? I mean there is at least six or seven hundred words written down, total.

Okay, enough with the patting myself on the back, let's get down to some serious business. I have consulted my virtual friends on Plurk and they agree that if I listen to an unabridged version of a book, it can count as actually reading said book, so that means I just "read" a whole novel today.

How cool is that?

What was it? Glad you asked, it was book one of the Dark Tower by Stephen King. Only six more to go, and they are all on my iPod, which means I will more than likely finish the series by the middle of next week. I might have to rethink my goal of 24 books this year, especially since I'll have ten done, by the middle of month number two.

Oh, I'm still reading, so don't worry about that. In fact, I am well into Master and Commander and plan on having that done by the end of next week depending on how much time I get to read it.

Now all I have to do is get my review up, as I am now three behind. Oh and to help with following along, I will mark the audio books with an 'a' or something. I figure that is fair, right? Plus my reviews will not only focus on the story, but also the narration. Trust me, it makes a difference.

So there you have it. Post number 900. Yippie!!

Bet you can't wait to see what I have for 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!