Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sleepy Sleepy Shake

If you don't know what to do, call the media and at least give the appearance of doing something. ~ David Peterson

Guess what woke me up this morning?

It had nothing to do with any bodily functions, especially in the waste production section - I'm good in that area, and I know that you wanted to know that.

Actually, it was an earthquake, although as my friends in California would say, "puh-lease, it didn't even break four on the Richter scale."

To which I would answer, "oh yes it did, those seismologists just didn't want us to have our four."

For the record, it was initially reported as a 4.3, only to be downgraded later to a 3.8.

To which I say, whatever. All I know is that at 4AM, I was awakened by a loud boom and a slight shaking sensation. I actually though that either something blew up (hence the boom), or that someone ran into either my house or a house on my block (that would be the boom and shake).

The lesson to be learned from all of this though is; there are now two things that will wake me up from a deep slumber.

An earthquake or a power outage.

That's right, crying babies, police pounding on my door, father in-law pounding on my door, puking kids, puking animals, falling trees, alarm clocks, farting (not that I would do that , just sayin') all have no affect and do not disturb my sleep.*

Nope, not this guy. It takes an earthquake or a power outage.

You always knew I was weird, right?


* I have slept through them all, every single one.

3 comments:

  1. Earthquakes are far less scarier than kids, IMO. My third daughter had her own unique way of waking us up out of a dead sleep. She found that calling "mom" or "dad" or shaking our shoulders didn't work as well as pinching our nose closed and when we woke up gasping for breath...THEN she told us what she wanted. It was quite effective...and unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and if you are sleeping, how does a power outage wake you up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Ellen - I have no idea what I would do if one of my kids were to do that. I know that I would probably feel bad for whatever I did do though. I remember someone tried to wake me up while I was in basic training and he ended up getting punched in the face. He also got in trouble because they said that I was not responsible for my actions, or something like that.

    Laura - There is something about the complete silence of no electricity passing through our house that makes me wake up. I never said it made sense.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!