Friday, February 8, 2008

No Meat Fridays

Which means my boss wants to treat me to lunch. At Portillo's.

For those of you not from the area, it is a hot dog stand, gone big. Really big. Like 20 stores big. Oh, and they sell hot dogs there.

So what's a good Catholic boy like myself doing in a restaurant that specializes in hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches? Well, I could get the pepper and egg sandwich - they do make a good one. I could get a hot dog and pray that God will understand - they make really good hot dogs as well.

Nope. I had me some zesty minestrone and a side salad with some creamy Italian dressing. Guess how much?

If you guessed $4, you would be way low, if you guessed $14 you would be way high. If you guessed $9.65, you are good. It's no wonder that Portillo's has so many restaurants, with prices like that.

McDonald's doesn't ha a $.99 Filet O' Fish do they?