Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mnemonic vs. Acrostic

Mnemonic (ni mon' ik), adj 1. assisting or intended to assist the memory. 2. pertaining to mnemonics or to memory. - n. 3. something intended to assist the memory, as a verse or formula. 4. a symbol, acronym, or other short form used as a computer code or function, as in programming. -- mnemonically, adv.


Acrostic n. a series of written lines or verses in which the first, last, or other particular letters form a word, phrase, etc.

Aside from still thinking that I could use Acrostic in place of Mnemonic, this all I have for this.

Short, sweet and complete! Ta Da!!

P.S. - Sorry about not giving the phonetic spelling for acrostic. Don't know how to make a schwa with this keyboard. If you are curious, it looks like an upside down 'e.' I can get into it's definition at a later date, if you'd like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!