Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Better Title Needed

I'm thinking that a future career for me should be as a consultant.

Seriously.

We are in the midst of a visit from a couple of consultants that are in town to tell us how to do our jobs better. These are a couple of gentlemen that happened to work for Toyota, and because of the "Toyota Standard" for streamlining and making work more LEAN, they are now experts in everything, as far as concerning time-cutting, cost-cutting, ribbon-cutting measures. Okay that last one isn't included, but I bet they could convince our CEO that it is necessary.

Again, I am serious.

Funny thing about Toyota. They make cars. Funny thing about my company. We don't.

Pardon my cynicism here, but how the heck are you going to tell me how to improve my job, when you don't even know what my job is. At least I'll be in Dubuque tomorrow, with Andy, going through the college orientation thing.

I'm hoping that Jenni doesn't go into labor, but she just might.

Finally, way to go USA soccer! Beating the number one team in the world, Spain, 2-0. Simply awesome!

3 comments:

  1. OH dear is it time for the baby to come already? Good luck at the college stuff! Did you guys homeschool the whole time? i know I asked before but I can't think straight, or crooked or at all lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger, you certainly have a full plate! College bound kids, job idiots trying to figure out how to pull an extra dollar out of anybody they can anyway they can, and a birth due any moment.
    Whew! You da man!
    Good luck with the Toyota guys. They give you any flack, tell them it doesn't really matter what they think cause you drive American anyway! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle - Yes the baby should be coming along, sooner would be better. As for the homeschooling, we just started two years ago and are about to enter into our third.

    Krissa - I take the Toyota guys in stride, except when they don't let me read my favorite blogs. I am so far behind.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!