Friday, June 26, 2009

My First Contest!!

I want to thank Jeff over at View From The Cloud, and a proud member of The Receders (go buy their stuff, it's available at Amazon and iTunes(no link, I assume you know how to get there) it's good!) for this great idea.

A Contest.

A Contest with a REAL PRIZE!!

Yes!!!

You all have been waiting for me to finally breakdown and give something away, admit it now, you know that it's true. Best part, it's easy to enter, just write your entry in the comment box, or I'll even accept a Face book entry, but since you are reading about it here, why not just comment. :)

As you may, or may not, know, we are having a baby! Our seventh! So, in honor of our new son's birth, we thought that we would have a pool for you to enter, guessing our newborn son's birth date, birth time, birth weight and birth length.

Piece of cake right?

Here's a hint: The date will, more than likely be June 30. That doesn't mean that you have to guess the 30th, but it will improve your odds greatly.

Next hint: We have to be at the hospital by 6AM, to start the induction process. Unless he decides to show up on his own, sooner, which means guessing a date earlier than June 30, might be beneficial.

What do you win? A $10 gift card to your choice of Borders, or Barnes and Noble. If you get everything exactly correct; you will get one of each. Pretty cool, right?

How do you enter? Easy. Leave a comment stating the Birthday, time, weight and length of our latest addition, in the comment box. We will then compare your answers to the actual event, and if you are the closest, as deemed by the judge (Jenni), then you win!

Extra bonus best part!!! You can make more than one guess, but be aware that we are doing a "first come first served" contest here, which basically means if there are duplicate answers, we will go with the first comment in the box. (I hope that makes sense).

Finally, the decision of the judge (Jenni) is final. Sounds harsh, but it has to be.

What are you waiting for? Get guessing!!

God Bless!!
Roger and Jenni

10 comments:

  1. Let's see here, June 30 12:37 weighing 8lb 4oz and 21 inches long.

    Good luck Jenni! I hope it all goes very very smoothly for you!

    PS Maybe my soldier will be home by then! We can be super optomistic right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. June 30 1:36 pm weighing 10lb 3oz and 22 inches long... Yep, I decided to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. July 3 2:21 weighing 9lb 4oz and 19 inches long

    ~Katie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was 12:37 PM for my guess up there ^^.

    But now I'm feeling like 3:15pm 8 lb 14oz and 21 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh... finally got a chance to stop by. Thanks for the awesome pluggage up top there!

    I'm sticking with my original length/weight guess from the other day, but I'll say the 30th at 10:00 a.m. I'm assuming that if you're like our 3rd birth - they get you started right away in the morning. And after 6 prior kids I'm guessing it shouldn't take long. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, put me down for 11 a.m. too. Is it the closest guess without going over?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say July 6, 12:00 PM 10 lbs 3 oz 21.71385 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say July 6th at 5:30 PM 7 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches long!!!!!
    ~~~~~Jessie;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. July 6,at 6:20 8lbs 23 inches long.
    ~Katie~

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!