Saturday, June 20, 2009

It Hurts

Today was Jessica's last softball game of the season. Going in we didn't know it was going to be her last, but the way things happen in this day and age, it had to end sometime.

After months of playing and weeks of pitching, it all came to a crashing halt today, in the hot, HOT sun (sunscreen would have been a good thing to remember, as I am cooked. At least someone let me use theirs to get Danny and Maggie. Didn't think about spraying a little on myself, as I laugh at skin cancer apparently. {not really, but I just wasn't thinking [honest]}).

We played the whole six innings, under said sun. The girls were hot, they were tired, they kept on singing though.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, the end. The end of Jessica's season. A season in which she has grown up, grown more confident, and made new friends. A great season. It all came crashing down, with a called third strike. With that strike, the girls lost their second game, in the double-elimination playoff.

There is always next year.

Now pass me the aloe!

1 comment:

  1. Thats sad. I can't get my boys to do any organized sports but they love fishing and we're hoping to get them into archery soon.

    Good luck with the sun burn!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!