Thursday, June 25, 2009

At A Loss

Today started very early for me and Andy.

3:30AM early.

College orientation day in Dubuque, Iowa. Home of Loras College - The Duhawks!

While we were there, Andy registered for his classes, got his laptop (pretty cool, eh?) and met some of his fellow freshmen. Myself, I sat through bad jokes told by professors that feel way more comfortable in front of 18 - 22 year olds, than the 40-50 year olds that they were talking to.

Goes to show, that just because you have all your fancy degrees, doesn't mean that you can necessarily relate to real people that are not students. I know this sounds like I'm being cynical again (surprise!), but seriously, I have a lot of life behind me and I can see right through you all.

Andy bought the pitch though, so I guess he's gonna be a Duhawk now, which means that we are a family of Duhawks!! I wonder if this baby ends up going to Loras, as well as his older brothers and sisters, will we get a group discount?

No, the baby hasn't decided to vacate his current locale.

Yes, I am tired and a bit cranky.

Happy 700th post to me!

I am also bummed out by the fact that two icons from my youth passed today. So, Rest In Peace Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson.

Good night and see you at 701!

4 comments:

  1. Don't let him fool you - he was NOT up at 3:30am. He got up shortly after 4am to grab a shower and then was out the door by about 4:30am. Not to worry - he has been sleeping in a bit the other days this week. Hmmmm . . . . now who's a little crabby?!?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao you two are so funny! (Anonymous and Roger)!

    Anything before 759 is too early in my opinion.

    Sad to hear that the baby is still not ready to make an appearance!

    Congrats on choosing a college! Duhawks? Really? Great mascot....or something like that.

    Psst.... Just a few more days and we'll be a whole family again! Shhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Andy is liking the college. We will be gone next week so congratulations if the baby boy decides to come when we are gone. We will pray that everything goes well and will check in when we return!
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say you start a pool and give a prize to the winner. I'll start. Let's see... baby born on Sunday, June 28... 7lbs 8oz, 19 1/2" long. Let me know how I did.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!