Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Helping, It's What I'm About

So I posted yesterday that I had an interesting evening, and let me take care of that business first.

Doctor says that I am healthier today, than I was a year ago; my cholesterol is down, and my blood work came back with everything being better than it was a year ago. Yay me! Now the Doctor wants me to lose twenty more pounds by next year. Little did he realize that I have a secret weapon in my desire to get myself a Kindle2, and in order to do that I need to lose fifty. So, hopefully at my appointment next year I will be reading my book on the Kindle2 and at least fifty pounds lighter. I think I can do it. We'll see.

The kids were great at camp and with the exception of my fellow chaperone's snoring like there was no tomorrow (I have no idea what that means, really), and the vomit incident - thankfully in the other dorm (sorry Benjy), it was a really calm night. I think I even got a good four hours of sleep on a very uncomfortable couch!

Now for the help. Someone left me a comment asking if I would mention her fundraiser/giveaway in the blog. I looked it over and appreciate what she is doing so here, in her words, is what she is asking.

I was wondering if you might be willing to mention my raffle/fundraiser (or just let me comment about it here so others can read about it).

I would NOT ask if it wasn't for a great cause. Plus, there are over 90 donated prizes to win totaling over $3000.00! And who doesn't like to win??

It's really a win-win for everyone. People get to help me meet my fundraising goal AND potentionally win big.

Saturday was the 6th anniversary of my Dad's heart transplant. I am more determined than ever to give back in a big way.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE clickover and enter my raffle!! You can truly win TONS OF PRIZES (totaling over $3000.00 - gift cards, Starbucks coffee maker, $600 in camping equipment, gorgeous jewelry and more).

It's for a great cause….

http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

6 years ago my Dad received a new heart.

This is my way of giving back.
Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

So if you get a chance, go and visit her blog and the fundraiser/giveaway, it really is for a great cause.

Thanks and God Bless!
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!