Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Girls Scouts Kidnapped my Bride

What is up with that?!?

No more Girl Scout Cookies will be purchased from my home (yeah right!)

I mean my lovely bride is gone all weekend, and gets home late on Sunday evening because of some youth conference, then packs her bags and is out the door the next morning with the Girl Scouts for some Dude Ranch fun!

I thought Dude Ranches were for Dudes?

Okay, I didn't really, but I missing my missus.

No, it's not because I have to actually do work around the house. The two oldest boys are home for that!

I think over the past five days, I have spoken less to my wife than in the previous sixteen years! And I don't like it. Makes me edgy, and anxious and worse lazy.

Okay, lazier than normal, but still I am so lethargic right now, that I don't even feel like staying awake, or even writing. (Gasp!)

Sure I have the babies and they keep me occupied (I know that they aren't technically babies any more, but they are my youngest boy and girl, so they are my babies), but I feel bad when I don't want to watch "The Wiggles" or "Donut Man" or whatever Disney movie they are into. (okay that last one might be a stretch, I can watch almost any Disney movie anytime - yeah, I'm that Disney Freak dude you hear about, sue me!)

Thankfully it is summertime, so the kids love to be outside and I love to accommodate them.

Okay, back to the point. I miss my wife, so you Girl Scouts bring her back! And without any extra 'Dudes.' That goes for you as well girls. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mothers and spouses (in this order) is always too busy. I wonder how I can write so much in these blogs! Maybe I'm lazier than a normal mom.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!