Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Wide World of the Web

I think that I have become entangled in it.

Writing a blog is not so bad, no really, I mean there are no real deadlines. Although I was missed for a couple of days there when I practically dropped off the face of the Internet. Thank you for those of you that noticed. I appreciate it.

Next there was Facebook. I did it initially to kind of spy on my oldest - even told him that was what I was doing and made him be my friend. I am the mean daddy, and don't you forget it. Especially you little ones that just got their very own email addresses, I'll be needing those passwords, pronto!

I was cool with just those two facets of the web in my life. No really I was.

Then came Blogrush. Uh, I don't really use it properly, I think, because it keeps sending me to Japanese blogs. Maybe I should fine-tune my description, or something like that. I'll blame that one on Kalynne, since I saw her there first and she plugged it on her blog.

Next, I tried to play with my template. Sure I like it, but is it really me? I'm gonna have to keep it for a while, until I can think of something more spectacular, in an understated way. Holly used the Nap Warden to re-image herself, and while it's all glitter and pizazz, it might make me look like an extrovert. I can't have that, now can I?

Then came Twitter. Again I want to blame Kalynne, but she has had enough blame for one post and she is under a lot of summer schooling stress - actually her students are, but I digress.

I think I'm addicted to links this post. Sorry, I'll try to do better.

Now comes MySpace. Here I thought that MySpace was so 2006, when apparently it is still a very viable option when it comes to spying networking on the Internet. Oh did I mention that two of my kids have MySpace accounts? What actually got me started however, was my Uncle Albert.

My 65 year old Uncle Albert.

I figured if he could do it, why not I? With the added bonus that I might be able to get in touch with my three cousins; Albert, Shelly and Tina. So far Tina has accepted my friendship, Albert seems to not want any visitors and Shell is just a stud getting ready for grad school.

No, I am NOT intimidated. It is called being introverted and shy, thank you very much.

Finally (Thank Goodness!!), there is StumbleUpon. I get to blame Holly for this one.

I am such a follower, maybe I should do del.i.cious first? If that is even how you write that silly thing out.

Anyway, now I am stumbling through (no pun intended) with my friends Holly and Kalynne in the world of StumbleUpon. I think I understand it, then all of a sudden it gets really weird on me. I mean am I supposed to blog there, and at MySpace and at Facebook And Here? How the heck is that possible to do without repeating yourself. I know that StumbleUpon points to here, but can I do the same with the other two?

Please help me figure this out.

Anybody?

Hello?

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. Aren't you on Plurk too? I know, I have been having so much fun on StumbleUpon I don't have time to blog...oh well. I was thinking about that yesterday and then thought about how no one really pays me to blog and no one has the right to expect me to blog since it is all a volunteer thing and then I get an email that says, "it's tuesday and your monday potluck is still up" and I can't help it and blog...hahaha.

    I use StumbleUpon when I read everyone's blogs and stumble the things I really like. If I have any extra time I go visit my StumbleFriends and check out some of their stumbles and review them if I like them. The more reviews you get on a post from several different sources, the more likely it is to get a bunch of traffic. Oh, and I can get lost just hitting that friend button that stumbles through just friend's picks....black hole that StumbleUpon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Roger. You're just so popular that EVERYBODY wants to post your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck is stumbleupon? I hardly have time to blog as it is so I'm scared to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!