Friday, June 6, 2008

A Night At The Ballpark, Conclusion

This is the part where I tell you that I forgot to put this part here, when it was more timely.

Like last week, when we went to the game.

Never claimed to not be a procrastinator.


I think I said that right.


Anyway, my daughter obviously got frustrated waiting for me to post some pictures and took the matter into her own hands, as you can plainly see here.



In case you can't though, here are a few (hopefully different) pictures.

Here are the kids in front of Harry Carey - the Statue! Sounds way more impressive like that, don't you think?

The famous Wrigley Field Marquee (complete with advertisements for Banco Popular)


Let's Play Two!! The Ernie "Mr. Cub" Banks statue. Can you believe that they put a Harry Carey statue up BEFORE Ernie Banks? What's up with that?!?

Here's Jessie in front of a Cubs sign. This was her first Major League Baseball game, ever! She had a great time, along with her first rides on the CTA, including the subway and the "L," it was a night for firsts. (No foul balls though)



Here are the trio, Benjy (wearing his Philadelphia Eagles jacket), Andy (with his Fukudome headband) and Jessie (holding the first-ever sold Cubs yearbook - or so the vendor told me).

See that white area behind the kids three rows back? That is the END of the stadium. Yep, even against the Colorado Rockies seats were hard to come by.


Overall it was a very pleasant experience with me and the three oldest - hasn't been just the four of us in nearly nine years.


Amazing how time flies, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. great photos! I only have the one child, but I imagine that with six, getting to spend special time with the oldest three is fantastic. Nice blog, you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a great picture of Harry when I was standing directly underneath him as he hung out the window with his microphone. I think some of his spittle dropped on me while he was singing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!