Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Self-Pity One-Oh-One (Or Why I Should Ride the Storm Out)

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Dear Roger,

I know that you ad some great ideas for something to write about earlier today. What happened? Did you get cold feet? Are you afraid that people won't be entertained by what you write? Are you really writing for them, or for yourself?

Why are you envious of others web hits, or whatever they are called? To paraphrase something we heard in a movie once... "If you write it, they will come" (eventually). Besides,what would you do with all the added pressure? Seriously, you freak out when it comes to coming up with something, like this letter, or the lists from last month. You have been surviving both as far as I can tell.

You want to feel pain and anguish? Join the Memphis Tigers.

Now, we do have a problem, you and me. I want you to be happy, as do you. I want you to be creative as I think you do, but you seem to balk at my ideas. True they may not be any good, but you don't know until you try, right? Heck you are great at giving advice, yet clam up when it comes to listening to some. Afraid to open up, or something I imagine, but I'm not a psychiatrist.

I am sure that I have more for you to listen to, or read as the case may be, but I don't want to hit you with it all at the same time. I will tell you this though, you will have some fantastic ideas coming tonight and the rest of this week. See if you can capture that magic and use them.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with what you see/sense and I, at least, will be watching.

Sweet Dreams,

Your Muse

P.S. ~ The Nietzsche quote is appropriate, as you should be well aware.

Good Night an God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Woah...pretty scenery! I like the new look!

    Ya, gotta hate it for U of M. As I said to my husband last night, how many high school basketball coaches do you think are saying today, "I TOLD you foul shots matter!"

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!