Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An Album Cover To End All Album Covers(not to mention a really cool band name)

Hello all!



I was lurking like I like to do, when I can't get to sleep. Anyway, I went over to Damama T's blog and read a very touching tribute to her mother who passed away twenty-four years ago. While there I (and I do this at every blog I visit, because you never know where it will lead you).



It led me to Kathy:I am who I am and this neat little experiment, which ironically she got from Damama T - talk about some weird sense of synergy, eh?



But I digress (trying to keep up with Kalynne, don't ya know. She's the digressing champ{Is that even a word?}).



Ugh. Your point?



Oh yeah, An Album Cover that is created through a whole bunch of randomness (actually three random web pages, to be honest). Then after creating said cover, well you see if it fits you to a 'T.'



So here are the instructions:



Go to the following websites...



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random(The first article title on the page is the name of your band.)



http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3(The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.)



http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7daysThe third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.



Got it? I'm not putting in links, (although it looks like they may be there, not sure...) well because Kathy didn't do it, and I'm not sure if it would screw something up - does that make sense? Whew! Are you all still with me? Anyway, just copy and paste the URL into your address bar and it should work just fine.



Now for my cover...



My band name and album title:

Geriojennsa ~ 'Enjoyment of One's Self'

There you have it. Does kind of fit you know, except maybe the whole (Geriojennsa is a genus of moth in the family Arctiidae.) part. :) That's okay, I kind of like the name for a band... (I got dibs!)

Good Night and God Bless! (for real this time)

2 comments:

  1. What's up with the spacing, sheesh! I thought I had that fixed. Oh well, I'll blame someone else, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spacing thing happens to me all the time if I switch back and forth between preview and compose. Ticks me off! ;o)

    HI!!! Thanks for hopping over to my house the other day. I appreciated the mention here, too.

    RE your moth thing: think about the fact that a moth is usually the less appreciated of the delicate winged bug set so they have to find their own joy in life because nobody else is gonna give 'em props! And the picture of a woman walking by herself... See, just another example of that random connectedness thing I'm seeing everywhere now that I've learned to recognize it. ;o)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!