Sunday, April 13, 2008

Down to a 'T'

Today's topic is the letter T.

Yes, instead of an actual letter that is being written to somebody, somewhere. I decided to honor the letter T. Mostly in honor of Damama, because she pointed out - a while back - that I had neglected to mention it as one of my favorite letters. Still not in the top five, but definitely in the top ten. :)

This letter should not be confused with the following:

Tea - A drink with jam and bread (you can sing along if you know the words...)
Liked it so much, I put it in here twice!Tee - What them there golfers hit that little white ball with, or something that little league baseball and softball players use to help get them started.A 'T' - also a technical foul in basketball, when you do some bad things like share your expansive use of four letter words, or talk about dating some one's mother, or daughter.

A 'T' - Also can mean a timeout in football, basketball and hockey.
There is also Tee-shirts. I mean what other letter has a shirt named after it, you tell me.



The longest word, in English, that starts with the letter 'T' is twenty-one letters long: tetrahydrocannabinols - which from what I can gather is a really long word for pot - the illegal substance that people say makes them feel good, or something like that. I have no experience myself, so I cannot share.

There are three words that have the length of two letters that start with the letter 'T': To, Ta, and Ti.

According to my math and http://www.morewords.com/ where I got the previous tidbits, there are 8782 words that start with the letter 'T' in the English language.

What else could I tell you about the letter 'T?' Why, I'm not sure, but I will end this now, while I still have a sense of sanity...


1 comment:

  1. Hey there, catching up on your posts today...
    I like the new look, and the new clock is very cute!
    That post about the number of kids you have - crazy!! I'd have more if I thought I wouldn't end up in a looney bin. Actually we might adopt 1 more down the road, we both have the desire for another one but waiting for Gods timing on it.
    Your faucet story was great...I'm always paranoid that Chris is going to break something when he fixes things & that it will cost too much etc. Poor guy! He used to do maintence for an apartment complex for gosh sakes, you'd think I would have more confidence in him :)
    The pix of your boy at confirmation is so great, what a handsome fellah!
    God bless,
    Alane

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!