Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Walk in the Park

I am taking up walking, for my health and the kids love it.

Why, you ask?

Because they get to come along - at least on my evening walks. They don't want to get up early and walk with me in the morning. Okay, Katie does, but I don't think that Jenni wants her to. Besides, and I know I am being totally selfish here, I kind of like the peace and quiet that my iPod brings me. :-)

Anyway, last night I had to drop off Jessie and Jordan (neighbor and God daughter) off at church for music practice. They are getting prepared for Vacation Bible School next week. Jenni jumped out of the car along the way (I forgot to drop her off at the library {actually, I thought she said she was going to walk with us}, my bad), which freaked Danny out briefly. Then I told him that we were still going to the park, and he got over it.

So myself, Katie and Danny had a nice little walk around the lake planned...

It was great, and very scenic...

Pretty pictures of flowers taken by the girls...


Here's one by Maggie...

And one by Katie...

Like I said, a beautiful evening for a walk, until...


Do you see that thing on Danny's head (I should have photo shopped a circle around that thing)? I swear it is a cross between a horsefly and a mosquito. Very evil!! They were so thick that we had to turn around and run for the cover of the minivan.

Yikes!!

We did escape them so that we could walk again...

Then we went to a playground...







Unfortunately we had to cut the evening off shorter than we intended. We still had a great time though.


Walking for your health is awesome when you have these guys with you. :-)



3 comments:

  1. It reminds me a picnic, we've planned a long time ago. As we're a "city family", my children couldn't bear little bugs all over the grass. They finished their sandwitches inside the car!
    I'm sure you 'll no longer walk alone! Your children seem to have a nice moment to share with you. I didn't imagine you have such beautiful countryside next to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great family outing was had by everyone, love the pics. Your kids are so cute!
    The best thing about walking with the kids is it's nice & lesurly. When I walk by myself, I always get sore knees & hips cos I go too fast for my er, fitness level. But with the kids in tow it's more of a stroll or a meander :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice! I need to get out more with the kids but it's so darn hot! I hate the heat so living in Missouri isn't working for me this time of year! We usually jump straight into the pool! (the one that is no longer in my garage cause I got "caught" and the evil people made me move it)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!