Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How to Spot a Racist

According to the National Children's Bureau in the U.K. this story is in the Telegraph.

Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

There is more to the article...

Really? And here I thought that kids didn't like spicy food because it was spicy. Thank goodness the British have spent over twelve million pounds ($23.6 million) to figure it out.

See, I don't just pick on Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!