Friday, July 11, 2008

The New Me, Same As the Old Me - (sort of)

I am Roger.

I am Daddy.

I am Dad.

I am Mylhibug.

Now, I am Screed.

Okay, maybe not so dramatic, but I have felt that I needed a new/different identity. Of course the only thing that has changed is my name, which never really changed.

So now what?

A story maybe? An essay? Who knows what you will get when you view these pages. I hope that I haven't messed anybody up with the whole name change, it was not my intent. In fact, if anything it is an effort to get more of you here, more of you commenting. Plus 'A Screed in Time' makes a little more sense than 'Bug Tries Again,' that was more of a personal reference for myself, since this is something like the fourth incarnation of... Me.

Those of you that have followed me so far, please stay.

Those of you that are new.

Welcome.

Stop by often and leave a comment or two.

With that, a new era has begun, I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I hope too.

9 comments:

  1. Screed is a great name for a girl, or a boy. If only I had been given the chance to name my son. He'd have been Doctor Screed Namanny.

    As it is he'll just have to live with the one his mother gave him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screed? What am I not getting? Oh, well, at least its pronunciation is easier to figure out than "Mylhibug."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have added a definition over there to the left.

    Use it wisely, as they say.

    No, I don't know who 'they' are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm not against a changing. As I'm not a native english language, I have no comment about it.
    And #1 definition fits well to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that word (screed) the other day and was intrigued by it and thought - that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beauty of blogging, you can define, redefine, create, recreate . . . it is all up to you!!! Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new ... but I'll be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the 3. definition best. You certainly remind me of a leveling device drawn over freshly poured concrete.

    We'll stick around.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!