Monday, July 21, 2008

One Foot Identified, Five To Go

Nicedeb has the story:

One of the five feet that have mysteriously washed up on the shores of British Columbia over the past year has been linked to a depressed man who went missing a year ago, police said Saturday.
Police sergeant Pierre Lemaitre said DNA testing helped to identify the man. The man’s name is not being made public at the family’s request, said Lemaitre.


“We’re being very sensitive to the family’s demands,” he said, adding more information will be released on Monday. “They wanted the time to reach out to their immediate family and share the news among themselves.”

A team of investigators has been working on the bizarre case since the first foot washed up last August on Jedidiah Island in the Strait of Georgia.

Since last year, detached feet began appearing, floating within a few miles of each other along island shorelines in the Strait of Georgia near Vancouver. The bizarre findings baffled Canadian officials.

I wonder how they decided to pick samples to test for DNA? I mean did they go around looking for people that had missing family members, or what?

Only five more feet left to identify though.

4 comments:

  1. How scary...I'd be freaking if I had a missing family member or something.
    Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a strange, scary story. I keep catching bits and pieces of it.
    what's almost scarier is that your previous commenter's avatar is a pair of feet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is bizarre. I mean seriously bizarre. Wow.

    Thanks for coming by my place.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!