Thursday, May 28, 2009

Play Time!

What's that you say? I'm too old for play time? I think not.

For example, I have been known to play soccer with my team of U14 boys. Granted most of them can run circles around me, but unfortunately, some can't. I mean think about it, here I am an overweight forty-one and more than a half year old, outplaying young and in shape thirteen and fourteen year olds.

It's not looking good America.

***

Take this blog, as another example. I love to write. I should write more. You would think I would have a book or two published by now, if you just listened to me. Yet, all I seem to be concerned with, writing-wise, is this blog. Let's be honest here, it's not exactly wowing the general public. Oh sure I have my followers, but how many of you go to your other friends and say, "you need to check out Roger's blog, it's freaking awesome!"

Heck, most of you that read this never even comment. Should I take this as a sign? Maybe I should "dirty" it up a bit and use some choice four letter words. That should reel people in, right? Actually, I think that if I can figure out the whole META tag thingy, I can put some killer SEO words in my description, and be able to clear a million by year's end.

Like I said, play time.

***

Watching the Chicago Fire playing Chivas in some intense MLS action. Lots of yellow cards, 6 so far with only 52 minutes played, plus two penalty kicks. So I must leave you now.

Any guesses as to my Latin below? Leave a comment, if you like.







4 comments:

  1. Well I know that Pax is peace but don't know enough Latin to figure out the rest.
    P.S. leave the 4 letter words out!!
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously!!! Why would you think that by adding 4 letter words would bring in additional traffic. And do you want that kind of traffic? If you're talking about LOVE, then I'm good with that. However, you did say "dirty it up." Don't. Start over if you have to. Write for yourself. Maybe this is your sign that you should write your book. Make a positive difference! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couple things...

    Laura - It means "Ignorance is the cause of fear" and is attributed to Seneca.

    Anon and Laura - I try to run as close to a G rating as I can, so I was actually being sarcastic about the whole "dirtying" it up bit. I'm glad that my "keeping it clean" is satisfactory.

    Oh and regarding that Fire game... guess what? My computer, or maybe it was ESPN360 decided to quit working shortly after I wrote that, while the Fire were losing 2-1. I figured that they would lose the game, but the Fire came back to win the game 3-2. Almost had some choice words, when I heard that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Roger. I knew you were being sarcastic. I could almost see the expression on your face as you were typing it. Just wanted to make sure though....You know my kids read this.....Would hate to have to sensor it....:) :) :)
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!