Friday, May 15, 2009

Green House

Here we have a story about the benefits of going green.

It was supposed to be a shining example of the green movement -- a completely independent solar-powered house with no gas or electrical hookups.

Seven months ago, officials gathered for a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the $900,000 house owned by the city of Troy that was to be used as an educational tool and meeting spot.

But it never opened to the public. And it remains closed.

Did you see the price for that thing? If you go to the link you can even see a picture of this amazing house. I had a friend whose double-wide trailer looked nicer, and cost a lot less. Yet this will one day save the planet, so we shouldn't complain I guess.

***

These Librarian movies starring Noah Wyle is, campy? Yes. But it is actually kind of fun to watch, as long as you don't take it too seriously. It is no Lost though, that's for sure.

***

I shall now write a series of nonsensical nonsense to see if anyone can decipher the secret message hidden inside. Like what exactly is the Language of the birds? Is there such a thing as this language? Can anyone tell me? I mean does it sound like Latin? Also did you know that two weeks ago it didn't rain on Friday and the weather was AWESOME on Saturday, yet they canceled the soccer games for Saturday. Today it has been raining all day, and it's been raining off and on all night. I bet we play our games tomorrow. Funny system, I tell ya, because I believe the fields will suffer much more tomorrow, if we play, than if we had played two weeks ago. Oh, just so you know, there is no secret message hidden in this paragraph, I was just messing with you. Back to sanity.

***

That's it kids!

Good night and God Bless!



5 comments:

  1. I often ramble so I would have understood completely. I was so excited to see that Jenni stopped by my blog the other day! No offense Roger of course, but I was afraid you may keep her locked up in the playroom with the kids or that they duct taped her to a wall because if I had six of my kids that's exactly what would have happened I'm certain!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh is that an ugly house! Yikes!
    Hard to believe that they spent $900,000 on THAT THING!!!
    It looks like a modified double wide...
    Blech.

    Community sports programs have No Rhyme and No Reason...they always seem to do the opposite of what you expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MTAB - I keep trying to get Jenni to start her own blog, but she keeps coming up with excuses like she doesn't know how to post, etc. She tells way better stories.

    Elizabeth - It's the wave of the future - double-wides to the rescue!! The future of he USA - one big tornado alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I can remember, that house looks just like the concession stand at Rockaway Beach in NY. So much for innovation.

    Hey, I see you're reading Clive Cussler. So is my husband, Joe. He is having a hard time getting through it, though. He's switching to Chesterton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnnMarie - I am a loyal Clive Cussler fan, as I have read every book of his, but this Arctic Drift, that I'm currently reading, is taking way longer than any previous Cussler book. Plus, he used to be about the adventure, but this one has lots of "Global Warming Who-Ha" in it. So it isn't as enjoyable. I really hate it when novelists try to preach to me. He has two more books out this year that I will read though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!