Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ewoks Suck, Dude.

That was the best line from LOST tonight, or at least the one that I remember the most.

Andy learned a valuable lesson today, and all it cost him was $49.

How?

Glad you asked. We went to see the Cubs play the Rockies today, at the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. The weather said that it was going to be sunny and 59 today, cooler near the lake.

The Cubs play baseball near the lake.

The forecast was for Batavia, Illinois. Batavia is NOT near the lake.

Can you see what is coming? 

The funny thing is, I wasn't even going to go to the game today, our pastor was. You see, I learned this lesson several years ago, when I tried to scalp acquire some tickets for opening day with a buddy of mine. At least we had alcohol to warm us up. Anyway, after unsuccessfully getting tickets, and freezing our butts off, we decided to watch the game from the Cubby Bear, across from Wrigley Field. Ever since, I said that April baseball at Wrigley was not for me.

Until today, when I went and froze my tuckus off, without benefit of any alcoholic beverage. Which is great way to segue into watching this dude on the train make a complete a$$ of himself, with his bike, draped over his shoulders, and drinking a beer, then another, and another. He would then stare at somebody on the train and blurt out, "I don't think so!" Every now and then he would blurt out "I'm sorry" when he ran into somebody with his bike, well at least if he saw that he ran into somebody. He gave Benjy his bad - with a twelve-pack of beer in it. I took it away from the boy, I mean there is no need to start bad habits at 14 right?

Where was I? Oh yeah, it was cold, it was windy, the boys had short-sleeved shirts on. It was NOT sunny and warm, it was not calm, and it was most definitely NOT short-sleeved shirt weather. No way, no how.

Oh and the Cubs lost 5-2, another thing that has happened when Andy goes to a Cubs game in April. Last year they got blown out by Milwaukee, at least the weather was nicer, and they were sitting in the bleachers. Where the sun did finally decide to shine, after the seventh inning. Which didn't help our situation, in the wind tunnel known as our seats.

Back to Andy and reading the weather. He shall forever remember the words "cooler by the lake" until he no longer lives near a large body of water. 

And he has a new Cubs sweatshirt to remind him, in case he forgets.


Photos from the fun!







I would have captioned them, but Blogger's being a jerk. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!