Thursday, March 19, 2009

Zoe Has A Lot Less Spleening To Do

Our twelve-year old Golden Retriever no longer has a spleen.

This is a good thing. You see, her spleen had some growths on it, and apparently one had burst; which was the cause of Zoey having a few seizures and getting a bit on the lethargic side. Not good.

One good thing though, is having a friend that is a veterinarian (Now, if I could only meet a dentist). He diagnosed Zoey with the tumor, by taking a few quick x-rays. They showed what appeared to be a huge growth on her spleen. So after some quick counseling, and a check into the bank account, we decided to go for the surgery.

She had it today, and did great! 

Her spleen however... no looky so good. What should have been a relatively smooth surface, looked the the great sand dunes, with one really large dune - the one we saw on the x-ray. Now, I know that you are wanting some pictures, and we have them, but they aren't very pretty. 

So.

Here.

They.

Would be coming, but I don't have them just yet. (whew! right?)

I may or may not show them, it depends on how numb my brain is.

Oh and if I get permission from the patient, of course.


3 comments:

  1. Aw... that's too bad. For Zoey AND you. I'm glad she's doing well though. And I got a chuckle out of your title. Good one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she is better and the spleen is no more, but try to convince her to let you post her pictures. I'd like to see! I'm one of those rare people that can not be grossed out. By anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff - Zoe did good and is actually doing great today. We'll find out what her blood work says tomorrow, whether she has cancer or not. If she has it, the Doc says she'll have six months, if not - well she is twelve, so...

    Krissa - as soon as our vet sends them over, I'll post 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!