Friday, March 27, 2009

The Dead Horse

"The Dead Horse"

Young Chuck in Montana bought a horse from a farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day.The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the horse died."

Chuck replied, "Well, then just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Chuck said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse."

The farmer said, "What are you going to do with a dead horse?"

Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!"

Chuck said, "Sure I can, Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?"

Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $998."

The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Chuck said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

Chuck grew up and now works for the government. He's the one who figured out how this "bail-out" is going to work.


:)

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Where did you find that!? I forwarded it to all my friends and family. God, I hope it's not true! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was good! I'll pass it along.
    Pax. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this out loud to Husband...thanks for the chuckle:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krissa - Email, where else.

    Elizabeth - Thanks, wish I could take credit for it.

    Cyn - Glad I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!