Saturday, March 7, 2009

Angles, Stain, Basketball and Rain

It's Saturday, so it must mean that your lovable little Roger is going to talk about all the projects he worked on today, right?

Right!

Yay, it's always fun to talk about projects Roger. What did you do today?

Well kids, today Roger worked on trying not to bang his head over the fact that he has no clue how to use a miter saw - in fact, he's not even sure if that is the correct terminology. (You know I prefer to work on reading and writing, right?) Anyway, I didn't bang my head on anything, nor did I cut off any fingers - can't imagine what my hunt-n-peck typing would be like without one of my chubby little stubs. Needless to say, cutting molding into proper angles so that they fit and look nice, is not my forte.

Maybe I should work on patience this Lenten season.

Oh, I almost forgot. I had to rebuild one of the walls for Jessie's room, apparently I took a shortcut that I shouldn't have, which made the wall a little unstable when my neighbor leaned against it. At least we hadn't painted it yet. So the wall is now much sturdier, although not nearly as sturdy as it would be if I used regular studs, instead of the ones that came with the kit.

I think the idea came to me as I was typing that last sentence as well. Forget about it. I am not tearing down that wall again just to replace the studs from the kit with regular studs. No. I. Am. Not. By the way, that was not a stereotypical sitcom no either. Just so you know.

So, with the wall secured I could finally work on finishing up the doorway and went out and bought my 1x6, and some stain. Oh, and some mouse traps, pesky little creatures have decided to move in, just because my house is warmer than outside, such logic. Anyway, my cat loves to play with them, Jenni does not. Back to the stain, I must say that I found a pretty good match for the rest of the woodwork in the room, and I also found some pre-cut frames for her doorway. Cool, too bad that they can't do that for the rest of the room.

If you go here, I believe that you can join my group for some college basketball March Madness fun. So come on down, it won't cost you a penny, and it can be a lot of fun. Especially if your teams win. So what are you waiting for. Go. Now. Please.

The best part about rain? You don't have to shovel it. :)

God Bless and good night!



"If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day." ~~ Alex Noble

1 comment:

  1. Regarding the quotation, there's a saying that says : "With some "if" we would put Paris in a bottle" : )
    Mouses ! Hopefully I live at the 6th level.... It shouldn't happen to us. And, furthermore, I get a cat too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!