Monday, May 12, 2008

Seven Wild and Amazing Facts (Or what I try to do to get attention)

Okay, Alane over at Confessions of a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom, for all of you that aren't quite acronym literate), tagged me with a little meme about, well, me. I of course, being a good little blogger said, "Sure I'll play along."

First The Rules:

1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog (Okay, I have done that, but in case you missed it, go here to see who Alane is and her seven things).
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. (Maybe I will shoot for just randomly weird, adds some excitement to the mix).
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. (Okay, this will be more difficult since whenever I tag someone, they don't always comply. In an attempt to beat that "curse" I choose you. Yes you. You who just read that past sentence, or two, and this one. So, TAG you're it!) (only if you want to, of course)
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (Okay, see three above - and if you don't have a moving buddy blog, get one!)

So here goes... something:

1) I am a convert to the Roman Catholic faith, although convert is kind of too strong of a word, since I was baptized and confirmed in the Eastern Greek Orthodox Church (or was it the Russian Orthodox?), anyway, one of the promises that I made to Jenni when we were married was that I would go through the RCIA (Right of Christian Initiation for Adults) process and become a full fledged Roman Catholic. After seven months and plenty of build up to my confirmation (Catholics can see where this is going), I was 'welcomed' to the Church. So much for using Maximilian as a confirmation name. That's okay, I still have Peter and Paul from the other one. :)

2) I have always wanted to have six daughters (no, really). Even had names picked out; Samantha, Tabitha, Jessica, Rebecca, Veronica and Jennifer. No, I didn't like 'Bewitched' and apparently I couldn't think of another name that ended in an 'A.' God has saw to it that I have at least three, I am so blessed. Jenni didn't go for "my" names either, although we do have a Jessica. One out of six, not too bad.

3) I have a mail-ordered bride. We'll let that sink in for a minute, okay now we'll move on to the jokes about me being so ugly that I had to "mail it in." Finally, I will let you all off the hook and tell you that Jenni is not mail-ordered, but I did meet her through the mail. You see, I was a young airman stationed in England writing letters to my cousin in Colorado. She had a best friend - Jenni. Well one letter from Tanya, Jenni wrote a little blurb of a hello. The rest is, as we say, history. Maybe I'll share the whole story some day.

4) I am a die-hard Denver Broncos fan. Can't add anything to that now can I?

5) I am a prolific reader and have on occasion read several books at the same time (one at work, one in the car, one in the bathroom, one...).

6) I used to watch the Weather Channel, and actually enjoy it. Back when they just told the weather. Kind of like MTV back when they actually played music. Nothing better than a cold front descending upon the hot plains of western Texas, let me tell you. Now that was living!

7) I love the beautiful game of soccer. Love to play it (okay loved to play it - that dog just don't hunt no more. At least I have elastic ankles that can predict the weather now), love to coach it and love to watch it, especially on the Spanish stations. They get so animated, who cares if I can't understand them, my eyes see the magic on the field.

Okay that is seven, and I hope that you have learned something about moi. Why? I don't know, just because Alane said so.

Have a good night, although I may be back later....

1 comment:

  1. After having "mail-ordered" Jenni, ( no,,in fact, I like the way you met, by writing, it couldn't be otherwise)you get married in Catholic chuch, I guess? (Orthodox marriages are so grandiose!)
    Secondly, I feel offenced you don't name our French National Soccer Team! Once World Champion! : )
    And let me tell you that if "spanish" players are so animated it's because they're all football stars from foreigner countries and they don't understand each others. If they're really "Spanish" they speak regional languages, and they not undertsand each others either. Go and ask Spanish, they will confirm. You get Castilian, Basque, Catalan . . . You can't imagine! The tower of Babel it is!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!