Monday, May 19, 2008

A New Day = A New Project

Yep, and there will be pictures!! Not for this post though.

As you all know this past week, I celebrated finishing what I am now calling Phase 1 of basically a complete kitchen remodel. (If I only knew...).

Anyway, I was just getting comfortable with a book, that I can't find the time to read, yesterday (Sunday) when the love of my life pointed out that the kitchen isn't done yet.

What do you mean? I ask.

What about this half of the floor that needs to be sanded, and this head-banger over the stove, and the stove, and... (I think that I may have passed out at this point).

So, I pick my lazy butt up off the couch and proceed into the kitchen to survey the work that needs to be done.

Sanding the floor - Nope, I need a sander and conveniently do not have any money to rent one. Plus, it's messy and excuse after excuse, ad nauseam.

Head Banger? - Well, I would have to climb up into the attic and figure that out, removing power, taking apart the vent, and removing the head-banger itself. The head-banger is an exhaust fan with light that is over the stove, you know to exhaust my burnt food, and light it up so I could see it. Anyway, it earned it's name because it sits rather low, and I think you know the rest. When the baby started banging his head, we just knew it had to go. :)

Stove removal - Should be a piece of cake right? Lift out the stove and disconnect the hose to the gas supply.

So what do you think I did?

Stay tuned....