Saturday, November 3, 2007

Three days in...

And still blogging.

If you can call it that.

Now I wonder if I need to sign in to the web site for NaBloPoMo to be involved... Not sure, but can't check it from here, at work, because the filters say that it is a dating site.

So, now I will have to try and remember to do this later.

Tonight, with six kids crawling over me... ({[editor: okay, in reality it will only be the two youngest - they still like him!] - when did I get an editor, and am I using this correctly?} - now what?!?)

Maybe I can look into it tomorrow, when they are still sleeping. Preferably, when I am awake. Now I don't know which of these "contests" will be harder. a) Taking the time to write 50,000 words put together so that there is a coherent story about (fill in your blanks here), or b) Write jibberish about whatever the heck I feel like for thirty (count 'em) thirty straight days.

Sounds like "b" is the winner doesn't it?

I thought so too, at first. But, I believe that writing jibberish can sometimes be a daunting task, and not everyone can do it. Don't believe me? Take a look at all those blogs out there that have one or two entries per week, month, year, ever! Just look at my previous blogs (which I would still be utilizing if I could only remember the password.) as proof.

See, I haven't always had this "talent" for jibberish - not true, but go along with it.

Now granted writing 50,000 words isn't an easy task, by any stretch of the imagination, and for them to all tie together and make me BIG bucks! Nearly impossible, but I can dream, write (catch that?). While my word count at 3 days (still zero) isn't very glamorous, I can still "catch up" by writing 2,000 words per day, as opposed to the recommended 1667. I mean, I started this post figuring it would be a couple of lines, and it has turned into (how many? 347), in a short period of time (say ten minutes). If I were to average that many words for just one hour, I would have written 2082. I'm not even counting these words which still fall within the ten minute zone.

***Side note: I didn't realize that I can type 34.7 words per minute. Actually more, since it still hasn't been ten minutes.

Like the Dollyrots say... 'Because I'm Awesome!'

Okay, I'm over myself, for now. I shall retreat back to work. Oh and I don't feel guilty for doing this at work, by the way. I spend less time per day doing this that the smokers spend sucking their lives away.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!