Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Saturday!

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” ~Marcus Aurelius

I think that I am going to start adding quotes to the beginning of my posts from now on. Why? Don't know really, just thought that it might show you what I find to be profound thoughts of the great and not-so great people of our past. How's that sound?

Anyway, here it is Saturday and I am where? You got it, work! I must really love my job, you say? Well, parts of it I do enjoy. Coming in on Saturday's is not one of them. Alas, I am greedy and have plenty of mouths to feed at home, and barring any major announcement, I need to work the overtime. I wonder when that money ship is expected to come in? Doesn't matter rally, though. Why? Because then I'll be bitching about a whole new bunch of problems, and I would probably lose the desire to share these thoughts with you all. No great loss, I'm sure, but since I am doing right this second, what I want to do a lot more of, then ... Well you can see how it would be a bad thing. Now, if I were to be earning 'buckets of money' doing this, I would probably complain a lot less. :-)

"If it is to be it is up to me." -- Ten profound words from somebody that I don't know, saw it posted on a blackboard somewhere in high school, probably on Mr. Gorce's board, always liked his classes. Didn't like Beowulf, but that's just me I am sure. :-)

Read an article today about people that are sterilizing themselves, because it is selfish of them to have children and increase their "carbon footprint." Give me a break. I mean this whole 'going green' crap is getting kind of crazy. I mean, I believe that when Mt. St. Helen's blew it's top, it left a larger 'footprint' then everyone on earth for a whole year did. Besides, I don't see Nobel Peace Prize winner Albert Gore changing much of his 'footprint' unless it is from his bloated size, due to his bloated ego, in receiving a "peace prize" for creating a chaotic world where people are worried about how many carbons they are emitting.... Check back in thirty years, or so, when Global Cooling will be all the rage again. This is just some bitter scientist's excuse for not being able to prove or disprove the presence of God!

Anyway, to the people that want to sterilize themselves to decrease their 'footprint,' I know of another way in which you can accomplish that, and that would be the ultimate bit of selfishness by taking themselves out of the picture. I'll keep it at that, but if you need a better clue, do like Jim Jones and drink the Kool-aid. Morons. Oh well, the world would probably be better without their kids anyway. I know, I know, I am a mean son of a gun, aren't I?

Next...

Have a great day! I'm going to try to improve mine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, this is the section where you tell me that you LOVE me or HATE me... Either way, please drop me a line and don't be a stranger.

Have a GREAT day!